Our Personal Assistants
As a specialist provider of live in care for spinally injured people, we can provide you with a trained PA who can assist you to live your life your way. Your PA can assist you with:
- General household tasks such as cooking, cleaning, ironing, shopping.
- Assist you with social activities, attend work and University
- Working with you to ensure your ongoing well being (passive exercises, maintaining healthy skin etc)
- Personal care, including bladder (not changing catheters) and bowel care.
For our clients’ insurance purposes, all PAs are aged over 21 and are fully qualified drivers. Their driving ability is assessed by a driving instructor before commencing any assignments. They are able to assist you to go to work, college, meetings, social outings, holidays etc.
Our Staff Are:
- DBS and reference checked.
- Employed and fully insured by us.
- Very well trained, having passed our comprehensive 5 day induction training course.
- Supervised by our qualified nursing team and care managers
We have a number of ways that we will work to meet your requirements. The two most common are:
Continuous live in care with one of our PAs
Two or three regular PAs working with you on a rota basis, so that holiday and sickness cover can usually be provided by someone you’re familiar with. For emergency situations we always have a PA on standby. Rotas are normally two weeks on one or two weeks off, three weeks on, one or two weeks off; depending on what pattern suits you.
We would expect each PA to work for a minimum of 6 months with you, although this can often be longer.
The costs of the service will be dependent upon a number of factors including individual need, travel etc. We will quote you following assessment.
Respite Support provided for shorter or irregular placements
Costs will be in the region of in the region of £270 per day plus additional costs for travel and public holidays.
You are able to use our staff bank ensuring that we can start working together in the shortest possible time minimising inconvenience to yourself.
The minimum length of respite care is 7 days (although it may be worth getting in touch to see if we can help you in a short term emergency)
Each year our staff undertake mandatory update training and have regular supervisions with their line manager. They have access, including out of office hours, to our nurse managers and care managers if they have any queries or concerns. They have an out of office hours contact number if there is an emergency situation