Work for Us
LIVE IN PERSONAL ASSISTANT (PA)
As a live in Personal Assistant (PA), you will work with our spinally injured clients in their own homes, assisting them to maintain their independence on a daily basis. Our clients are based throughout the UK, so you need to be willing to travel. Our vacancies are for live-in work in the United Kingdom however, we are happy to receive applications from countries across the world but you must have a legal right to live and work in the UK.
We're looking for caring, reliable and responsible people to apply for the role of PA, who are also safe and confident car drivers. For an informal chat please feel free to call the recruitment team on 07961 029102 who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Sponsorship - We are no longer taking applications from over seas candidates.
PAY AND BENEFITS
- Free specialist paid training course
- Competitive rates of pay of £840 per week (average £2,520 per month) + up to £49 per week food allowance
- Free accommodation provided whilst working.
- Travel to and from place of work in the UK paid by us in advance.
- Opportunities to study towards a Diploma in Health and Social Care qualification using our accredited study centre.
- Flexible working patterns to suit you.
- Regular supervision and support.
- 24 hour emergency phone line.
- Assigned mentor for immediate and ongoing support.
WHAT DOES A PA DO?
As a live in Personal Assistant (PA), you will work with our spinally injured clients in their own homes, assisting them to maintain their independence on a daily basis. Our clients are based throughout the UK.
We are looking to employ individuals who are willing to work on a regular basis for a minimum of 3 months (probation period) although the majority of our staff stay with us for 1 to 2 years. Individual assignments can vary in length and usually last a minimum of a week; most are 2 or 3 weeks long.
The work can be very rewarding and you need to be patient, enthusiastic and confident. You will have a good command of English. You will also need be a confident driver of 21 or over; it is essential you hold a Full valid driving licence, preferable to drive a manual car.
Please note - your driving skills will be assessed by a qualified driving instructor, as part of our training process and we can only consider applications from candidates who are legally entitled to live & work in the UK.
Whilst you are working with our clients, you will be required to carry out:
- Personal care tasks including assisting clients with washing/dressing, assisting with bladder/bowel care
- Preparing food and drink for clients.
- Supporting clients in their day-to-day lives, taking them to work, social occasions, appointments, on holiday etc.
All of our newly recruited PAs (Personal Assistants) are required to attend our paid Induction Course. This free training course will enable the new recruits to develop their knowledge and skills, enabling them to provide comprehensive and appropriate assistance under direction from a client who has a spinal cord injury.