Work For Us
WORK AS A CARER
As a carer, you will work with our clients in their own homes, assisting them to maintain their independence on a daily basis. Our clients are based in the Lune Valley area. You must drive and have your own car for work use.
We're looking for caring, mature, reliable and responsible people for the role of carer. If interested please email your CV and covering letter to Glyn Rose.
PAY AND BENEFITS
- Initial training at our head office in Kendal and ongoing training
- Opportunities to study towards a Diploma in Health and Social Care qualification, the NVQ replacement, after working with us for 6 months
- Flexible working patterns
- 24 hour emergency phone line
- Nurse manager for any medical queries you may have
- Competitive Salary
WHAT DOES A CARER DO?
As a carer, you will work with our clients in their own homes, assisting them to maintain their independence on a daily basis.
Whilst you are working with our clients, you will be required to carry out:
- Personal care tasks including assisting clients with washing/dressing, assisting with bladder/bowel management
- Sit calls
- Domestic Tasks
- Waking/Sleeping overnights
- Meal preparation
- Medication assistance
- Support to access the community E.g. Escort to social and medical appointments
- 24 hour emergency contact
All newly recruited carers are required to attend our ‘Induction Course’, which is held over 2 days at our Head Office in Kendal. The course will enable the new recruits to develop their knowledge and skills, enabling them to provide appropriate care to our clients.
The course content is comprehensive and designed to meet the Skills for Care - Care Certificate Standards. Please click here for more information.