Work for Us
LIVE IN PERSONAL ASSISTANT (PA)
As a live in Personal Assistant (PA), you will work with our spinally injured clients in their own homes, assisting them to maintain their independence on a daily basis. Our clients are based throughout the UK, so you need to be willing to travel. Our vacancies are for live-in work in the United Kingdom however, we are happy to receive applications from countries across the world.
We're looking for caring, reliable and responsible people to apply for the role of PA, who are also safe and confident car drivers.
PAY AND BENEFITS
- Five days specialist PA training at our head office in Kendal, with accommodation being paid for by us.
- Competitive rates of pay £647.50 per week (average £1942.50 per month).
- Food and accommodation provided whilst working.
- Travel to and from place of work in the UK paid by us.
- Opportunities to study towards a Diploma in Health and Social Care qualification (the NVQ replacement) using our accredited study centre.
- Flexible working patterns to suit you.
- Regular supervision and support.
- 24 hour emergency phone line.
- Assigned care manager for immediate support.
WHAT DOES A PA DO?
As a live in Personal Assistant (PA), you will work with our spinally injured clients in their own homes, assisting them to maintain their independence on a daily basis. Our clients are based throughout the UK.
We are looking to employ individuals who are willing to work on a regular basis for a minimum of 3 months, although the majority of our staff stay with us for 1 to 2 years. Individual assignments can vary in length and usually last a minimum of a week; most are 2 or 3 weeks long.
The work can be very rewarding and you need to be patient, enthusiastic and confident. You will have a good command of English. You will also need be a confident driver; it is essential you hold a valid driving licence, preferable to drive a manual car. Please note - your driving skills will be assessed by a qualified driving instructor, as part of our training process.
Whilst you are working with our clients, you will be required to carry out:
- Personal care tasks including assisting clients with washing/dressing, assisting with bladder/bowel care
- Preparing food and drink for clients.
- Supporting clients in their day-to-day lives, taking them to work, social occasions, appointments, on holiday etc.
All of our newly recruited PAs (Personal Assistants) are required to attend our ‘Induction Course’, which is held over 5 days at our Head Office in Kendal, Cumbria.
The training course will enable the new recruits to develop their knowledge and skills, enabling them to provide comprehensive and appropriate assistance under direction from a client who has a spinal cord injury.